Our volunteering and internship placements are all year round. Volunteer duration is from 2 weeks to 12 weeks, and internship duration is only 1 month to 3 months. ARV has the capacity to accept only 50 volunteers or interns per month. So apply early to avoid disappointment.
Our priority is to make volunteering and internship abroad very affordable; by this, we charge very little to cover in-country expenses during stay. There is no hidden cost.
Pre-applying: volunteers and interns must prior to applying note the following,
- Applicants must be 18 years and above to qualify, minors must be in a company of a parent of a guardian.
- Application fee must be paid 14 days before intended day of departure to Ghana. This is a processing fee to secure placement.
- Program fee is to be paid 10 days before intended day of travelling to Ghana. This will enable us prepare accommodation, placement, airport pick up, among others.
- Applicants need to pack personal effects like laptop, digital camera, cosmetics, foot wear, and few clothes. We advise dresses packed should be light cotton, since our weather is quite warm.
- Every volunteer or intern qualifies for one trip to a tourist site in Ghana, and it is sponsored by ARV. Any other request would be paid for, by intern or volunteer.
- In case application is for a group, family or an organization, the leader must declare the number of members 14 days before intended date of travel to Ghana. We have attractive discounts.
Transportation covers only airport pick up and dropping, and program hours (from host family home to project side and back)
Code of conduct:
- At no time should a volunteer or intern leave the host family house without informing any staff.
- Volunteers or interns are not allowed to carry any illegal drug.
- No smoking within the premises of the host family house.
- Under no circumstance is a volunteer or intern allowed to sleep with a new found friend or old one outside the host family home.