The Sports program is for those volunteers who are interested in physical activity. Share your passion for football with Ghanaian children from deprived backgrounds. Working in communities, you will help them to develop their sporting skills.
Indeed, sporting activities in terms of soccer/football is gradually being understood by most people in the country. You will have the opportunity to help harness and develop that talent! The organization runs the program in collaboration with soccer clubs (divisions 1&2 and colts), schools, colleges.
Work with children from various deprived backgrounds, including orphans, street children and children with disabilities. Help by developing their football talent and offering them care, support and education.
The Football Volunteer(s) Program operates in mainly the Greater Accra Region of Ghana. During your program, you will have the opportunity to take part in the following program activities:
* Assist coaches in football classes through skill development, coordination skills, game preparation and training drills.
* Help in the organization of training sessions and competitions
* Referee short games for children at the project and in the local community
* Give advice and lessons on football tactics
* Teach new sports exercises and provide advice on health issues and requirements
* Take part in football camps and local tournaments
* Optional teaching within the academy or local schools